Sunday, July 8, 2007

Week 3 Thing #7

Technology is always great ...WHEN IT WORKS.
I love all the free web site with reliable sources for students. But it seem like every time we really need it... it's as slow as molasses.
Our district this year enlarged the broadband network but any web based program is still slow. Many times it can't handle the volume and knocks our library program off line. We're not allowed to video stream during the day. It's very frustrating.
Especially when you have a class in the library with only 45 minutes for students to complete their assignments and the web pages will not load.

Now that I read this it sounds so negative.

On the positive side of it, technology is great. Digitals camera's are a must but I find that I'm always buying my own technology out of pocket...

Haha. Guess what my computer just gave me the blue screen of death... I guess it was mad at me for writing this! Luckily my genius daughter found it in drafts... and here I am again! Take that computer!!

1 comment:

Libladylib said...

Are you guys getting Terminal Services? That should change everything. I kow at least 15 schools subscribed. Hopefully yours did. We should run really fast this year. Even the old computers should run fast. They were installing it when I left the end of June. Yeah!!